Pandora Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum based on Pandora Hearts and other anime

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prince of Tennis

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

Prince of Tennis Empty
PostSubject: Prince of Tennis   Prince of Tennis EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Time for PoT time!!! Prince of Tennis Icon_cool

Seriously why does it have to be abriviated 'PoT'? Are thay trying to show how addicting it is? LAWL -shot-

Anyway I just finished the entire series a few minutes ago. All 178 main episodes, 4 OVAs (30 eppys total) and the movie. So its total episode count is 208 and 1 movie.

-----------------

Seriously this show is addicting damnit! Its the first time I've ever been so damn captivated by a sports anime (and I hate sports....most of them anyways). <333

This show completely defied all logic of nature in playing sports, but it was epic to watch. The only time they kinda over did it was in the movie, but it was still fun to watch anyways. XD

And something else thats neat, is so you don't get swept away completely by the epic-ness that is PoT, they stick in random 'chibi-fied' episodes, and single filler episodes where the Tennis team plays a diferent sport....while trying to avoid a very 'deadly' punishment (LOL).

-------------------

Fav character wise....there is to many I like...cuz you meet so many fuckin awesome Tennis teams. XD

So for the moment I will list the ones I like from the main team "Seigaku"

Fuji, Eiji and Ryouma are my favs from Seigaku.

Fuji's the sadistic/genius/bishounen who has a....rather odd taste in food and drinks (he likes wasabi anything, and drinks Inui's 'special' drinks that nearly kill everyone who drinks them...and he says he likes the taste...o___o)

Eiji is the hyperactive/cheerful/sugar nut who loves to put acrobatics into his Tennis game. He has a tendency to over react and jump to conclusions...but its very hard to hate him for being loud cuz he gives off th feel of a puppy or a cat, so it makes it so you want to hug the life out of him. <3

Ryouma is our sarcastic/smartass/(short) main character. Personally that alone is enough for me. I love when a character is a freakin smartass, but not in a way that makes you want to beat the livin shit out of them. But over time Ryouma still remians a smartass, but grows kinder towards his friends. Like in the ending of the National Tournement Arc; while being thrown up in the air by his teamates, Ryouma actually gets slightly embarrassed and blushes, but then shouts out in complete joy that they won (D'awwwww! <333).

-------------

For anyone who hasen't seen this show (or at least not all of it) I would highly recomend you watch/finish it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

Prince of Tennis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Tennis   Prince of Tennis EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:43 pm

Oh I forgot, there were 3 other specials.

One was an all singing 11 minute special where the characters of Prince of Tennis suddenly become a popular band. There is literally no talking. XD

Another is a New Years Special epsiode where all the tennis team members of Seigaku are playing...something that is kinda like badminton mixed with ping pong? And for each member Tomoko and Sakuno (the few girls in the series) give personal background on each member.

Then there is another Special where everyone goes training up in the mountains.

Right now I'm looking for more just in case they are hiding somewhere. XD

Last edited by Gilbert Nightray on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oz Vessalius
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
Oz Vessalius

Prince of Tennis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Tennis   Prince of Tennis EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:13 am

I remember watching a few episodes of Prince of Tennis three or four years ago but then stupid Cartoon Network took it off the air. ;p Darn it. I'll have to start watching it again some time. =3

And LAWL! The way you described Ryouma sounds just like one of my OCs XD
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

Prince of Tennis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Tennis   Prince of Tennis EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:24 am

Wow apparently they have a lot of specials and mini-movies that aren't listed on anime sites....o__o

There is a mini movie based on the Hyotei Tennis team holding some sort of festival witht he schools. Naturally their captin Atobe has to be a big show off with his looks and money (but he's awesome regardless). There are many funny moments in this little special.

One of my fav events held at the festival was the "dating game" event. The classic "ask a question and figure out who's best for you" dating game. And the race event between all schools. God they were funny. XD

The ending nearly made me want to die laughing but also shake my head at how fucking rich Atobe is and how much he flaunts it (and trust me he does it a LOT in this). However it was also cute; despite Atobe being a rich spoiled ass, he's very sweet when it comes to his chilhood friend Kabaji. Though he would never admit it. xD

There is also a special chibi eppy on the Rikkaidai Tennis Team. xD
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

Prince of Tennis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Tennis   Prince of Tennis EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:37 am

Lets see I think thats all the specials right now....

So I guess if you count specials as episodes...then their is actually...213 episodes and 1 movie. XD

But I won't hold my breath...there is prolly more I just haven't found them yet. XD
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

Prince of Tennis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Tennis   Prince of Tennis EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:16 am

OMG! As I was looking for other PoT specials, I found clips from the 6th poT Musical! Very Happy

HAWT DAMN! Ecstasy~! 8D

(Note - Shiraishi is one of my favs from the Shitenhouji Tennis Team.)

If the Hittachinn twins played Tennis....this would be them. xD
Dis is catchy~!
Battle of the Samurai!!!
Fuji's got the moves and the voice!
More Fuji singing~! yayz!
Even when singing Tesuka keeps a straight face....
Can't get much more Hollywood then this...
EVERYONE TOGETHER NOW!!!
PoT just went Ouran on us...LAWL
...Ha?
LMAO! It's the goofy quartette! xD

and there is a lot more on the users channle. <333
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

Prince of Tennis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Tennis   Prince of Tennis EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:55 am

Wow....I went back to re-listen to the dubbed voices cuz I found out some of them actually changed VA's around episode 30....and i wasen't used to them anymore. o___o

I mean the dub itsn't 'horrible' and some of the voices do actually fit the characters and have a similar tone as the japanese VA' but certain characters are lacking emotion in their performance.

Ryouma's is good. It's still somethng you would hear for a cocky kid, but it sounds a little older then a 12 year old. But I don't mind that.

Fuji's first voice actor....I have no idea how the hell I got used to it before....god...in japanese he sounds like a girl, but you can tell he's a guy. However his first english dub VA made him sound like a guy on steroids...makin his voice way deeper then it should be.

Thank god Johnny Boshe took over Fuji's dub after episode 30. He sounds way better for Fuji. It still weird since he sounded like a chick in the japanese..but making a girl voice him prolly wouldn't work very well in english. XD

Momo's VA is actually decent as well, though he has some rough spots. Same goes for Kaidoh's and Inui's VA's.

Tezuka's....idk...it fits his personally...but when you watch the japanese he sounds like a 20-30 something year old man....so yeah its a maor change...so not sure what to think of his. XD

Oishi's dub...is decent as well. It has a similar sort of tone to the japanese, but kinda lacks emotion.

Kikumaru's...is just...no. His dubbed voice doesn't make him sound liek the happy-go-lucky person he is at ALL. T_T

So...aside from a few voices going back and forth, an one being complete fail...like any Viz dub, it isn't to bad....but it kinda lacks emotion.

Never the less japanese is better for this show...but if you want to watch the dub...watch it from episode 31-50...cuz thats when the voices are better after the VA switching.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

Prince of Tennis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Tennis   Prince of Tennis EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 7:03 am

More PoT stuff!!! Very Happy

(I told you PoT is addicting...-shot- xD)

------------------

I found vids from a game I think where everyone from the Seigaku Tennis team are models! LOL xD

I'm only posting the ones for my fav characters...and maybe others if they stood out. xD

Fuji's totally PoT's 'Next Top Model'
Ryoma is a PENGUIN!
OMG KITTY EIJI!!! <333
The ending is to die for! xD

-------------------

This time it's vids on Inui coming to wake everyone up at their houses while filming! (Stalker Inui will come for you next~8D)

Will post the rest later, only favs for now~! <3

Stalking Fuji - Inui just signed his death warrent
Stalking Eiji - Fly Swatter ATTACK!
Stalking Ryoma - First male Preggo!!! O_O

-------------------

Just so you all know this ahead of time....like Gilbert of PH...Fuji from PoT...can go with almost ANYONE in the damn show.

He's been paired up with at least 1 person from every Tennis team in the anime. Except for Seigaku which he's paired up with like 5 (including one of the females). xD

So at the moment...I seem to be going back and forth between supporting...

FujixRyoma - At the moment this is kinda my main one. Though like most of the pairings, they don't really have many moments...at least not long lasting ones (with the exception of 1 Tennis match). But for some reason this one just appeals to me the most...idk why though...

FujixTezuka - Honestly...this is an awesome pairing, but...because Tezuka hardly shows ANY emotion at all till jus before the National Tournement...it was kinda a really late pairing to come in. So much so that the love seems kinda one-sided.

FujixSakuno - The only male/female pairing for Fuji. Sakuno is their coach's grandaughter and the first to meet Ryoma (who she has a crush on). However despite these tw having absolutly NO moments in the series...I can't help but like them...and I have no idea why...=____=;;

FujixEiji - These two are also a pair that had like no moments other then fighting a match together. I guess the reason people ship them is both smile a lot...both always seem happy...and...their personality's are opposite (ones hyper and ones calm I mean)?...No idea why I like this pairing either...

FujixShiraishi - Another pairing that had like only 1 moment. And it was a short lived one. Shiraishi was the only one besides Tesuka to beat Fuji in a Tennis match. And thats all that happened between them...so why do i like this pairing? I have no fucking clue...

FujixKirihara - Another pairing I have no idea why I like...Kirihara is an ASS. Nuff said; and Fuji kicks his ass straight into the ground till he screams like a little girl (ok not literally but he did scream like a girl...xD). I guess the only logical reason i like this pairing is Kirihara brought out 'evil angel' Fuji, and then changed his ways after he got scared shitless (or tried to...).

Ok thats it for Fuji pairings I LIKE. There is logically a lot more he get's paired with.

So to expres my love for the main Fuji and Ryoma pairing right now...here are some FujiRyo vids! <333

*________* *LUVS UNCONDITIOnALLY*
Plz no hatin on the music artist for this vid PLZ
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

Prince of Tennis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Tennis   Prince of Tennis EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:17 am

I just bought PoT DVD Set 1 for like $40. <3

Naturally I refused to allow my grammy to watch it dubbed. Since the dub is shitty. So I switch the language. XD
Back to top Go down
Oz Vessalius
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
Oz Vessalius

Prince of Tennis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Tennis   Prince of Tennis EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:52 am

LMAO! XD Those clips were hilarious(I almost died on the 'preggo' Ryoma one!)! And the two amvs at the end were really good <3

Also, you're so lucky your granny watches anime with you. My grandma only likes super shojo,fluffy, kawaii stuff and rejects anything else. -_-

When I have some more time on my hands I'm gonna have to watch the rest of PoT (I forget where I left off so I might have to start from the beginning again @_@ )
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

Prince of Tennis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Tennis   Prince of Tennis EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:04 pm

@Oz: YAY finally someone besides me posted on here! XD

Haha yessss Preggo Ryoma one was awesome.

Oh btw. Only watch the sow subbed, dubbed was shitty. And I can say that I was open minded about it to, cuz I watched what they had dubbed first then went to subbed. XD
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

Prince of Tennis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Tennis   Prince of Tennis EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:55 am

I was bored so I went and watched the PairPuri DVD Picture Dramas xDD

These are some screencaps I took from the 8th one which practically killed me. XD

--------------------------

Techniqually this isn't from the picture drama, but you need it to get the next one.

Prince of Tennis Tumblr_lkz1v3cNDw1qexi1to1_500

Oh Kirihara~ You enherited Mizuki's grandma's bad fashion sense. xD

Prince of Tennis Tumblr_ll27rgm4Kg1qexi1to1_500

Prince of Tennis Tumblr_ll27y50jub1qexi1to1_500

Prince of Tennis Tumblr_ll284wdQbS1qexi1to1_500

Prince of Tennis Tumblr_ll28cgRPqF1qexi1to1_500

Prince of Tennis Tumblr_ll28fvzRms1qexi1to1_500

I guess Ryoma was the old/new(?) Ciel Phantomhive? xD

All we need is a long haired wig and we are set~

P.S. - I WANT THAT PICTURE!! FUJIIIIII SEND ME A COPY!!!

Prince of Tennis Tumblr_ll28ncxKOb1qexi1to1_500

And the teams reactions to dress!Ryoma >3

Prince of Tennis Tumblr_ll28w3cJxh1qexi1to1_500

Back to top Go down
Oz Vessalius
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
Oz Vessalius

Prince of Tennis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Tennis   Prince of Tennis EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:27 am

@Gil-

The first one. I want it. xDDDDD *downloads*

I seriously want to watch Prince of Tennis now because of these.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

Prince of Tennis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Tennis   Prince of Tennis EmptyThu May 12, 2011 9:00 am

@Oz:

You got a longgg way to go to get to these then. xDDD

Theres about 209 episodes (including extras and ovas) and 1 movie.

these were recently added but i'm not sure how many of them there will be. So far theres 8.

so its 217 episodes so far and 1 movie.

however i hear there is ANOTHER ova and another movie in production.

So it will be 217+ episodes and 2 movies. once those are done. xD

Have fun catching up~

Btw...WATCH IT IN JAPANESE ONLY OR YOUR EARS WILL BLEED.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prince of Tennis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Tennis   Prince of Tennis Empty

Back to top Go down

Prince of Tennis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pandora Heaven :: Anime + Manga [SPOILERS] :: Anime-
Jump to: