Pandora Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum based on Pandora Hearts and other anime

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

earthquakes and tsumais in japan

Go down 
+6
Mandy Chan
The Cheshire Cat
Gilbert Nightray
Echo-chan
Yggy
Xerxes Break
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Xerxes Break
Admin of Pandora
Admin of Pandora
Xerxes Break

earthquakes and tsumais in japan Empty
PostSubject: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:55 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1365253/Japan-earthquake-tsunami-Hawaii-high-alert-UK-Tokyo-flights-cancelled.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

this is teerble i've been watching this on the news and omg Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://pandoraheaven.rpg-board.net
Yggy

Yggy

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 2:03 pm

Yeah, I just heard about it! I hope my school starts one of those money donates, like we did with Haiti. ;___; But actually, Japan is COMMON for earthquakes and tsunamis! I actually remember [maybe about two years ago?] that a really big one happened. It's sad how the Earth is quickly changing on us.

Also, don't forget the Hawaii earthquake...
Back to top Go down
Echo-chan

Echo-chan

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 5:36 pm

OH MY GOSH!!! ;A; That is Horrible!!!! an FREAKIN 8.9 EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Police said 200 to 300 bodies were found in the northeastern coastal city of Sendai, the city in Miyagi prefecture, or state, closest to the epicenter. Another 137 were confirmed killed, with 531 people missing. Police also said 627 people were injured
OH MY GGGOOOOSSSHHHHHH!!!!!! ;A;

The magnitude-8.9 offshore quake unleashed a 23-foot (seven-meter) tsunami and was followed for hours by more than 50 aftershocks, many of them of more than magnitude 6.0.
OH MY GGGOOOSSSHHH!!!!!!! ;A;

Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 5:48 pm

I feel bad for the people living in the area it was 8.9.

As far as I know in Tokyo it was only about 6.0 on the scale, so not as bad but still pretty bad.

D:
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
The Cheshire Cat

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:00 pm

In Nagoya it was a mere 3.5.
I'm stunned by how much the variation is in such a small area, but Hawaii was affected by the same quake at something like a 4.5!!
Back to top Go down
Echo-chan

Echo-chan

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Update:Japan says radiation levels surge outside nuclear plant

THAT IS NOT GOOD!!!!! NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mandy Chan
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:44 pm

it is upsetting, im thinking about all those affected by this. I feel so sad
Back to top Go down
Elliot Nightray

Elliot Nightray

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:47 am

Yeah.....the earthquake is just horrible....I have a friend who's currently in Japan for an Exchange....i hope he's alright....1000 people might be dead....i just hope that he isnt among them >: And our Japanese Exchange students are going back home tomorrow....I hope that nothing happened to their parents. But as far as I know, they live close to Tokyo, so.....
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
The Cheshire Cat

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:53 am

uhhh... I'm pretty sure they can't go home.
The airports are covered with random stuff and pretty much all airlines have canceled their flights to Japan. Or at least to Tokyo for sure.
Our one Japanese student can't go home (her family is fine, last I heard) and a bunch of our other Asian students can't go home, since they had flights that took them through Japan.
Back to top Go down
Will of the Abyss
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
Will of the Abyss

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:56 am

I heard it this morning and I was freaking out. I was wondering if my family and friends were ok. Luckily they are but I just feel horrified about whats going on over there. Let's hope they will all be alright.
Back to top Go down
Elliot Nightray

Elliot Nightray

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:14 am

@Kitty: Yeah, good point o.o
@Will: ;A; I hope they're alright too ><
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
The Cheshire Cat

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:26 am

@Will: I'm sure they're going to be fine. You already said they're ok, right?
after that, the only thing they have to lose is the physical stuff that can be replaced and repaired. It's not fun to lose everything, but I'm sure that everyone in your family will be thankful it was only material things they lost. Also, I'm sure that various governments will offer some aid to rebuild and shelter people affected by the quake and wave.
Back to top Go down
Will of the Abyss
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
Will of the Abyss

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 4:10 am

@Chessie: ah ok. *phew*

But I haven't heard from my Grandparents on my mom's side..I really hope they are ok. Anyways I'm praying for everyone!
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
The Cheshire Cat

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 4:36 am

@Will:
That's good, then. I'm sure your grandparents are fine; a lot of telephone service is probably out. Imagine what an earthquake and a tsunami will do to a cell phone tower!
I swear, those things are made of matchsticks and a prayer.
As soon as the service providers get to your grandparents' area, I'm sure your family will receive a frantic phone call from your grandparents, saying that they're ok and that They've been trying to reach you for but they couldn't get through.
Back to top Go down
Oz Vessalius
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
Oz Vessalius

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 5:06 am

I heard about it this morning on the news. How terrible. ): I pray for the victim's families and those who survived and lost their homes.

Earthquakes have been pretty common recently, huh? First the one in New Zealand and now this. If it were a few years ago, I'd be horribly paranoid about this and say it's the end. xD

Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 7:36 am

I remembered my friend has a elder sister living in Japan right now teaching English. D:

Thankfully she was alright (she lives 40km away from Tokyo on the west side). Very Happy

Oh and my friend figured something kinda....odd and scary....

Look at this...

September 11th = World Trade Center Crash
January 11th = Haiti Earthquake
March 11th = Japan Earthquake

12/21/2012 = when the world will end -> 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 0 + 1 + 2 = 11

..............creepy. o______o
Back to top Go down
Xerxes Break
Admin of Pandora
Admin of Pandora
Xerxes Break

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:56 am

oh god that is creepy O.O
Back to top Go down
https://pandoraheaven.rpg-board.net
Yggy

Yggy

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:30 pm

Gilbert Nightray wrote:
I remembered my friend has a elder sister living in Japan right now teaching English. D:

Thankfully she was alright (she lives 40km away from Tokyo on the west side). Very Happy

Oh and my friend figured something kinda....odd and scary....

Look at this...

September 11th = World Trade Center Crash
January 11th = Haiti Earthquake
March 11th = Japan Earthquake

12/21/2012 = when the world will end -> 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 0 + 1 + 2 = 11

..............creepy. o______o

I saw this on tumblr o___o. I showed Leo, and I think Elliot as well?
Back to top Go down
Echo-chan

Echo-chan

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:54 pm

WOW That is REALLY SCARY!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------

earthquakes and tsumais in japan Aaaaaa90

*Sniffles* HOLD ON JAPAN!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Oz Vessalius
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
Oz Vessalius

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 5:21 pm

@Gil-

Didn't the Haiti earthquake happen on the 12th? xD Creepy nonetheless.

@Echo-

Awwww! ;w; Did Himuruya Hidekaz draw that? It's so sweet.
Back to top Go down
Leo

Leo

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 5:23 pm

@Oz: Yeah, it's a bit creepy. I wonder if it's coincidence or fate. (Yuuko would say it's the later ~)
@Echo: I love that pic. "Hold on Japan" ;A;
@OzVessalius: It's a fanart by a girl from Czech Republic.

I hope that there won't be any more casualties. *prays*
Back to top Go down
Will of the Abyss
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
Will of the Abyss

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 8:53 pm

@Chessie: Ah ok. I'll be getting an update from my dad since he has been calling EVERYONE he knows over there so yeah.
@Gil: gawdd....And here I didn't believe that the world won't end...now I'm slightly convinced that it might happen.... O________O
@Echo: awww <333333

Wow. Is this really necessary? (you can zoom in on the pic)
https://i.imgur.com/eFYYe.jpg
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:03 am

@Will:

...........................................=______________= OMG. F*cking morons!

Another reason American's are digging their own grave (and everyonethinks their arrogent and stupid)............Obviously not all of them, but its because of these people American's are given a bad name. Dx
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
The Cheshire Cat

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:54 am

@Will/Gil: ...this is why I'm French. Let's just ignore that my family has been born in america for two generations. I'm French.

Dear Japan:
Not all the people in America are ignorant, narcissistic, rednecked dickwads with a grudge problem. I promise. I love you and don't feel the need to bring up crap from before my parents' time just so I can feel unobligated to donate time, effort, or love to helping you rebuild.
Sincerely, I'm sorry you had to take further abuse.

Seriously, even my maternal grandparents wouldn't say something like that, and they're about the most ignorant people I know. Granted, they probably don't know that Japan had a quake (trust me, they'll be all over the 4.5 in Hawaii, though) and if it came up on the news, they'd just tune it out.
Still, if they did know, they wouldn't bring up pearl harbor. That's just a low shot. Plus, one of them wasn't even BORN then.

Heck, my other grandpa FOUGHT in WWII, and he wouldn't ever bring up Pearl Harbor in a time like this.
Back to top Go down
Oz Vessalius
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
Oz Vessalius

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 1:53 am

@Will-

Those people are a bunch of idiots. Dx One of them doesn't even know how to spell their own president's name. Who the hell is Obamha?

It saddens me that the people who posted this ridiculousness have their children has their display picture. I fear for our future if these are the kinds of people raising them.

Also, one of the statuses said 'damn krauts'. It was Japan that got hit!! >_> Really?! If you're going to use a racist term like that, at least use it for the right country, morons.

I wonder what those people would be saying if we got hit instead. They need to think about all the people that died while they sat on their fat, lazy asses at their cozy little desks and typed that while so many others are wondering if their families and friends are alive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and tsumais in japan   earthquakes and tsumais in japan Empty

Back to top Go down

earthquakes and tsumais in japan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pandora Heaven :: Talk and Fun :: Talk-
Jump to: