Pandora Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum based on Pandora Hearts and other anime

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Break's Body & Second Contractors

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RedEyedGhost

RedEyedGhost

Break's Body & Second Contractors Empty
PostSubject: Break's Body & Second Contractors   Break's Body & Second Contractors EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:33 am

Barma said that the deterioration to Break's body from Mad Hatter is the result of this being his second contract, and not because Break was somehow overusing his power.

Is this true for any second-time contractor? Can regular human bodies not handle multiple contracts – whether simultaneously or in succession? Does this only apply to human who have been illegal contractors? Glen had multiple contracts, but he's rather special. We now know Vincent has two contracts with no apparent ill effects on his body. So is there something special about Break?

We know that illegal contractors actually ingest the blood of their chain in order to form a contract. Their contract also has a time limit in the form of the contract seal. The farther they are into their contract, and the more full the seal becomes, the more their link with their chain solidifies to the point of feeling the chain's injuries (which makes me wonder why Break wasn't physically affected by Alyss destroying the White Knight, but nevermind that). We also know that the power of the Abyss drives people crazy (Alyss mentions that Break is rare to keep his sanity so long) and eventually turns them into chains themselves.

Here's where wild speculation comes in. What if the illegal contractor's link to the chain throughout the contract grows stronger because the chain's blood they took in actually proliferates throughout their body, resulting in some kind of alteration of their physical self to align them with the chain? What if this change remains even if their chain is destroyed, and trying to alter their body again through a second chain is more than the physical body can handle so it gets worn out? Or perhaps it's a matter of sheer incompatibility, like a body would reject a transfusion of the wrong blood type?

Break's current contract isn't illegal and didn't involve drinking Mad Hatter's blood. However, as a once-illegal contractor, he might still be essentially carrying the essence of White Knight in his bloodstream. The power of the Mad Hatter is to reject and destroy all things of the Abyss. Could this mean that any time Break invokes the Mad Hatter, it passively attacks the Abyss power that permeates his own body? It would literally be rejecting his blood, and so it would make sense that Mad Hatter's immediate effect on him manifests as coughing up the Abyss-tainted blood. And, in the long term, the Mad Hatter's power erodes his altered body as a whole, just like it would reject the White Knight.

What do y'all think?

This could fit with how Oz is becoming more chain-like as the contract progresses, to the point of practically acquiring B-Rabbit's powers as his own. Also, Glen mentioned how bodies can be permeated with the power of the Abyss. I'm sorry if this was already brought up before. ^_^;
Back to top Go down
http://www.twilightvisions.com
Precious Hair - San

Precious Hair - San

PostSubject: Re: Break's Body & Second Contractors   Break's Body & Second Contractors EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:29 am

Hmm, interesting theory, as usual. It could explain a lot of things.

About Vincent not being affected by his multiple contracts… well, I think he is! We always thought that, when he fell asleep anywhere, it was only Dormouse’s doing. Maybe, the reason why Vincent couldn’t resist Dormouse’s influence was exactly because of the fact that he was weakened by the contract he formed with the Queen of Hearts.
Correct me if I got it wrong, but, according to your theory, Vincent would be less physically harmed by his multiple contracts because he is more compatible with the Queen’s blood, right?
I know Barma said that the deterioration to Break’s body was not because he was overusing Mad Hatter’s power. But, what if the different levels of physical deterioration are due to the different total amount of power of the multiple chains (Dormouse is pretty weak, certainly a lot weaker than the White Knight) they formed a contract with?
Back to top Go down
http://rastodocaracol.blogspot.com/
RedEyedGhost

RedEyedGhost

PostSubject: Re: Break's Body & Second Contractors   Break's Body & Second Contractors EmptySun May 29, 2011 5:39 pm

Precious Hair - San wrote:
Correct me if I got it wrong, but, according to your theory, Vincent would be less physically harmed by his multiple contracts because he is more compatible with the Queen’s blood, right?
Actually, I'm saying that second contracts aren't harmful at ll, and that it's Break's specific circumstances that is harming him.

Break has the blood of a chain inside him from his previous contract, and that essence of the Abyss may have permeated his body when his illegal contract was completed. He also felt pangs of pain in the Abyss which was the beginning of him turning into a chain himself, so maybe he's even part chain. Mad Hatter's ability is to destroy powers of the Abyss, it has no effect on humans. But since Break has Abyss power inside him, Mad Hatter passively attacks him any time Break calls on it.

So, Vincent's compatibility with the Queen of Hearts would be irrelevant. Demios cuts off the heads of targeted humans. It doesn't destroy Abyss power, and we haven't seen it attack its contractor actively or passively. (I don't know if any of that is true, just explaining my theory.)

I know Barma said that the deterioration to Break’s body was not because he was overusing Mad Hatter’s power.
He said that Break's deterioration wasn't (1) "because of the contract's effect," but it was because Break was overusing Mad Hatter's power: (2) "It's because you recklessly used your power that it ends up like this." And then said that it's because it's Break's (3) "second time."

So, not (1), but yes (2) & (3).

It's not because Break has a contract, but it does have to do with Mad Hatter's power combined with it being Break's second time. I think this fits with my theory because in Break's previous time he ingested Abyss blood, and Mad Hatter's power destroys the Abyss. I think it's that specific combination that Barma meant by "second time," because one without the other would not create Break's special circumstances. It was an odd way to phrase it, but I think Barma was using it to lead into his revelation that Break was an illegal contractor in the past.

But, what if the different levels of physical deterioration are due to the different total amount of power of the multiple chains (Dormouse is pretty weak, certainly a lot weaker than the White Knight) they formed a contract with?
That's definitely another theory of why second contracts might have effects. Maybe that's true instead, and it would be a fuller explanation for why Vincent is narcoleptic, as you've said. But under my theory the magnitude of a chain's power wouldn't matter, just the kind of power it has and whether that power can affect the contractor (in Break's case: Abyss blood and part chain body attached to a chain that destroys Abyss/chains).
Back to top Go down
Precious Hair - San

Precious Hair - San

PostSubject: Re: Break's Body & Second Contractors   Break's Body & Second Contractors EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:34 pm

Ooooops Embarassed Sorry, my bad.

I'm afraid I wasn't paying enough attention to what you wrote. Sure, that makes perfect sense now. Sorry. And thank you for explaining it all over again.
Back to top Go down
http://rastodocaracol.blogspot.com/
Reim Lunettes

Reim Lunettes

PostSubject: Re: Break's Body & Second Contractors   Break's Body & Second Contractors EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:18 am

" in Break's previous time he ingested Abyss blood, and Mad Hatter's power destroys the Abyss. "

makes perfect sense!

Back to top Go down
http://gommyommy.livejournal.com
TwilightKat

TwilightKat

PostSubject: Re: Break's Body & Second Contractors   Break's Body & Second Contractors EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:22 am

Wow, that's a perfect expination for Break's situation, but can I possibly add something to your theory?
When forming an illegal contract you drink the blood of a chain to create it. You also get a contract seal with is also a time limit until you fall into the abyss. So from what I understand; the contract seal could also an indicater for how much of the chain's power you've acquired over time. And each time the seal moves you get a great dose of the Abyss (or there is a great change in the blood) thus causing physical pain to the host. And as time goes on the pain wears down because you are becoming more and more used to the power of the Abyss. And I guess when you fall into the Abyss after the seal makes a full rotation the Abyss has the ablility to change you into a chain since your blood has already altered to the point that it is no longer human, it is just your outer appearnce that still remains the same. This could explain why Oz didn't turn into a chain when he was first dropped into the abyss; since his blood hasn't altered to that point yet.
Please correct me if I'm wrong...
Back to top Go down
Reim Lunettes

Reim Lunettes

PostSubject: Re: Break's Body & Second Contractors   Break's Body & Second Contractors EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:05 am

Interesting thoughts, TwilightKat! I think that makes sense, too. That would also explain part of why he suffers when he uses his powers.

I still harbor a notion that in some way, Break is part chain, perhaps just like Alice seems to be part chain, part human, and your idea seems to fit with that, sort of.
Back to top Go down
http://gommyommy.livejournal.com
RedEyedGhost

RedEyedGhost

PostSubject: Re: Break's Body & Second Contractors   Break's Body & Second Contractors EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:32 am

Sure, I think that's possible, TwilightKat. I do consider Break to be part chain. I'm not sure if I attribute it to his blood or to his experience inside the Abyss, probably both. A big difference between Break and Oz's trip to the Abyss, though, is that Break dropped straight to the Core, where the power of the Abyss is much, much stronger than the upper layer Oz ended up in.

Also, unlike the kind of transfer of power we see between Alice and Oz as their contract progresses, Break wasn't siphoning power from White Knight. White Knight still had all its powers when the contract was completed and Break couldn't use any of them independently, so I'm not sure if he absorbed any power specifically from the White Knight through the contract. On the other hand, the entire reason that B-Rabbit power had to be sealed by Gil when Oz came back from the Abyss was because it was overwhelming Oz's body, so the power of the chain in an illegal contract does appear to saturate their contractor somehow.

Oh, and a quick note on my opening post and not being sure why Break didn't feel pain when White Knight was hurt. The chain binding him to White Knight broke when the contract was completed, so they didn't have a direct connection anymore.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Lakestone

Alexandra Lakestone

PostSubject: Re: Break's Body & Second Contractors   Break's Body & Second Contractors EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:07 pm

I see, there are many reasons why poor Break is in such a bad condition.
There are reasons, that this all caused by the second contract and/or the overusing of Mad Hatter.

But there can also be a realistic reason....
The most charactars in PH have normal haircolours. Break shows typical sings for an albino ( bright skin, red eyes ,white hair). Very often albinos have probs with theire health( lungs and airways) and theire eyes. Cause the colour of the iris is missing theire can´t see very good and often theire getting blind. Than there is the point that Break eats very much sweets...and I remember very dark that there were comment in direction diabetes. This sickness also causes blindness if you ignore the doctor ^^...not very "mangalike"

I
Back to top Go down
http://leviathanenvy.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Break's Body & Second Contractors   Break's Body & Second Contractors Empty

Back to top Go down

Break's Body & Second Contractors
Page 1 of 1