Pandora Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum based on Pandora Hearts and other anime

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dorohedoro

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RedEyedGhost

RedEyedGhost

Dorohedoro Empty
PostSubject: Dorohedoro   Dorohedoro EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 6:49 pm

I really think anyone who likes Pandora Hearts would enjoy this! It revolves around the mystery of the central character's identity, and as his memories gradually come back it becomes clear that there's SO much more to him than anyone could've imagined. This is set in a truly original world of weirdness and magical power, so surreal that it feels like entering a crazy dream. This might seem confusing at first, but it's always entertaining, and ultimately comes together and explodes with sheer awesomeness. It's a very bloody and violent series, but it's also filled with dark humor that permeates every inch of the plot and amplifies the disturbingness of it all.

This is the story of... Kaiman...
Dorohedoro PKaiman
Kaiman doesn't remember who he is, or why he has a reptile head, or why there is some guy living in his mouth, or why he's immune to magic, or why he has a fetish for gas masks, or... err, you get the idea. He's very curious about all this, though!

This is the story of... The Guy In Kaiman's Mouth...
Dorohedoro PMouth
In order to at least get his human face back, Kaiman bites the heads of magic users hoping that the guy living inside his mouth could identify the one who enchanted him.

This is the story of... Nikaido...
Dorohedoro PKaimanNikaido
She is Kaiman's best friend, and aside from her talent for cooking gyoza dumplings, she also kicks much ass and is Kaiman's indispensable partner. Although, there's a lot of things that she didn't tell Kaiman about herself.

This is the story of... Shin and Noi...
Dorohedoro PShinNoi
Err... I mean... Shin and Noi!
Dorohedoro PShinNoi1
Y'see, most magic users wear special masks to amplify their powers. These two are an elite team of assassins who, between Shin's talent for destruction and Noi's talent for healing, are virtually unstoppable! They're really nice if you don't get in their way.

This is the story of... En...
Dorohedoro PEn
En is the most influential and feared person in the magic user world. En wields power over mushrooms, and let me tell ya, there's A LOT you can do with mushrooms. Think Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho... but with mushrooms.

This is also the story of... Dokuga...
Dorohedoro PDokuga
Dokuga is more of a side character, but he's my favorite. He's a very mobile fighter, skilled knife-wielder, extremely loyal, and he recycles! Look forward to him!! ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.twilightvisions.com
LoneNecromancer

LoneNecromancer

Dorohedoro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorohedoro   Dorohedoro EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 2:29 am

Having just finished reading Doro today, I can say this. Definitely worth checking out.

It's very surreal and weird, but it's a great fun read that also makes the reader ask a lot of questions. I'd say the real big stuff starts happening around Vol 8 or 9, but that's because Doro takes the time to slowly build the world and gives a lot of depth. Villains are not always as clear cut as they seem, there's the story of a man trying to find his memories though it's implied he'd be better off without them (a concept definitely familiar for the PH fandom), and this manga is certainly one of the most original and unique I've ever read.
Back to top Go down

Dorohedoro
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pandora Heaven :: Anime + Manga [SPOILERS] :: Manga-
Jump to: