Pandora Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum based on Pandora Hearts and other anime

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Live action adaps...

Go down 
+3
Mandy Chan
RedEyedGhost
ManOfMysteryDLTN
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ManOfMysteryDLTN
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
ManOfMysteryDLTN

Live action adaps... Empty
PostSubject: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 8:53 am

So, I was thinking about when video games and Anime get optioned for live action remakes and it occured to me that they both have a lot in common... they turn out... not so great. So I am curious to peoples opinions and would like to hear you guys vent.
Just thinking mainly about the disasters that were DragonBall Evolution, Fist of the North Star and the Resident Evil films personally...
But lets also talk about the good, such as Advent Children (OK, not live action), Casshern and... Im lost...
Back to top Go down
RedEyedGhost

RedEyedGhost

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 9:28 am

I really liked Silent Hill, and the Mortal Kombats were alright.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twilightvisions.com
ManOfMysteryDLTN
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
ManOfMysteryDLTN

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 9:39 am

I have to admit, Silent Hill was quite faithful to the source material, thou regarding Mortal Kombat, you should check out the series on Youtube on the Machinima Channel... Legacy I think its called.
Back to top Go down
Mandy Chan
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:22 am

Dragonball Evolution... hmmmm big FAIL!!!
Back to top Go down
ManOfMysteryDLTN
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
ManOfMysteryDLTN

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 12:24 pm

After reading the Manga I have a lot of complaints now, like what happened to Gokus first tournament? Or the Red Ribbon Army? Who he faces off against WAAAAAAY before Picolo.
And the fight scenes? What the hell, it's been neutered.
But believe it or not... There is something worse...
Back to top Go down
Mandy Chan
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Lol, X3
Back to top Go down
ManOfMysteryDLTN
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
ManOfMysteryDLTN

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Oh Chichiri, just you wait til a live action Slayers is announced... love to see your reaction to that lol
Bet it will be similar to mine if a Sonic film came out...
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
The Cheshire Cat

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 4:02 pm

ManOfMysteryDLTN wrote:
Bet it will be similar to mine if a Sonic film came out...

... how would that work, exactly? Using actors in costume or using hedgehogs and other assorted little beasties?
Back to top Go down
ManOfMysteryDLTN
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
ManOfMysteryDLTN

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Being a huge Sonic fan, I scratch my head wondering how it would work regularly... I know of the fan film coming soon, but I remain sceptical (Its live action, with a CGI Sonic). Personally it would have to be animated some way I think...
Back to top Go down
Mandy Chan
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 4:47 pm

I wouldnt mind a live action Slayers.... As long as it would be done by Japanese ofcourse. As for Sonic... The only way I see it working is a cgi Sonic. Come on it could work... There's a live action smurfs movie with cgi smurfs...
Back to top Go down
ManOfMysteryDLTN
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
ManOfMysteryDLTN

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 5:03 pm

Japanese know what they are doing, thats why Death Note and Casshern are great films.

Sonic could be done I admit, but I fear it would divide its fan base even more, I mean the arguments you encounter on some forums between comic fans, Sonic X fans and game fans is ridiculous... Im happy I am more of a "Universal" fan there. And plotwise I would rather see SatAM adapted than the games (Though Sonic Adventure 2 would be the exception..)
Back to top Go down
Mandy Chan
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 7:11 pm

I agree Death Note was awesome!! Dreading it when America makes their own version though
Back to top Go down
ManOfMysteryDLTN
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
ManOfMysteryDLTN

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Dreading it like I'm dreading their version of Akira?
Back to top Go down
LoneNecromancer

LoneNecromancer

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Have any of you heard about the upcoming Phoenix Wright and Devil May Cry live action films?
Back to top Go down
ManOfMysteryDLTN
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
ManOfMysteryDLTN

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 4:03 pm

I heard about Pheonix Wright, but DMC? oh dear... I heard a Gears of War and A Castlevania film were green lit too... but that was a while back.
Back to top Go down
Mandy Chan
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:13 pm

DMC?! Noooooooooooooooo "takes a breath" ooooooooo. Im sorry but a live action DMC?
oni020 I would prefer a cgi movie of that.
Back to top Go down
LoneNecromancer

LoneNecromancer

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Chichiri wrote:
DMC?! Noooooooooooooooo "takes a breath" ooooooooo. Im sorry but a live action DMC?
oni020 I would prefer a cgi movie of that.

Judging by how annoyed you seem by the concept of a live action DMC, I'm guessing you're not that big a fan of the upcoming DMC reboot.

They're also making a Mass Effect and Uncharted movie, but since those games are very cinematic, they have the potential to be good.
Back to top Go down
Mandy Chan
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:54 pm

Lol I really have no opinions or comments on reboot ATM. But lol I dare to think who they would pick to play good ol Dante.
Back to top Go down
ManOfMysteryDLTN
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
ManOfMysteryDLTN

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:15 am

I know who I wouldnt want to play him... just observe SW Episodes 2 and 3 and youl know who I am talking about.

I would see a Mass Effect film, the games are top quality, it would be a crime if the film wasnt...
Back to top Go down
LoneNecromancer

LoneNecromancer

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:13 pm

I blame George Lucas' crappy writing for killing the character of Anakin more than I blame Hayden Christenson's acting, but yeah, I wouldn't want to see him act Dante.

If there was a Mass Effect film though, I don't think you could make it about Commander Shepard, as that's really the player's story about how they chose to make him/her. Still, there's a great universe with lots of potential for loads of other stories.
Back to top Go down
ManOfMysteryDLTN
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
ManOfMysteryDLTN

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Ummmm... Captain Planet, coming to a cinema near you according to Cartoon Network...
Back to top Go down
LoneNecromancer

LoneNecromancer

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:38 am

Shocked Seriously? A Captain Planet live-action film?
Back to top Go down
ManOfMysteryDLTN
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
ManOfMysteryDLTN

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:07 am

http://collider.com/captain-planet-live-action-movie/103302/

I kid you not hahaha
Back to top Go down
Mandy Chan
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:25 pm

The live action movies of Inspector Gadget and Underdog were terrible

X(

For Underdog they just put a suit on a beagle and used tech to make it look like it's talking. They should of used a Cgi version of the good old Underdog.
Back to top Go down
ManOfMysteryDLTN
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
ManOfMysteryDLTN

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Inspector Gadget is a cinematic crime... I was watching Battle Royale last night (Based off a Manga I believe) and it was AWESOME! Not seen it in ages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live action adaps...   Live action adaps... Empty

Back to top Go down

Live action adaps...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next