Pandora Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum based on Pandora Hearts and other anime

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recommend a Manga?

Go down 
+13
Lily Baskerville
LoneNecromancer
RedEyedGhost
bluesweets
Alice B-Rabbit
Oz Vessalius
The Cheshire Cat
Elliot Nightray
Reim Lunettes
Jack Vessalius
Ada Vessalius
fairy666tale
Gilbert Nightray
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 3:06 am

Hello,

Any particular manga series you really liked/like and would recommend to other users?

I personally would recommend (aside from PH):

Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles
Shugo Chara
La Corda D'Oro
Vampire Knight
Ouran High School Host Club
Cresent Moon
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Fruits Basket
Muri Puri
Otomen
Legend
Kimi no Todoke
Spiral - Suiri no Kizuna
xxxHolic

Last edited by Gilbert Nightray on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fairy666tale

fairy666tale

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 9:42 pm

I'd recommend:
-Ghost Hunt
-Ayatsuri Sakon
-Beast Master
-Millenium Snow
-Hatenkou Yuugi
-Moonchild

And about everything made by Kaori Yuki. Her manga are awesome! Especially:
-Hakushaku Cain (sad ending)
-Ludwig Revolution (happy ending, but the main character is a @#$$#. But somehow he's also really cute... cute )
Back to top Go down
Ada Vessalius

Ada Vessalius

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 2:40 am

yayz Fairy-chan is posting!!!! ^^

One I'd recommend (but not strongly) is Saki

In the process of watching Fruits Basket

I'd definetly recommend:
PH
Naruto
Bleach
Code Geass
Fma
Ouran High School Host Club
Vampire Knight
Ookami Kakushi
Kuroshitsuji
D.N.Angel
Death Note
Clannad
Barajou no Kiss (only manga)

(there's probably more I just can't think of them at the moment)

Last edited by Ada Vessalius on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jack Vessalius

Jack Vessalius

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 2:57 pm

I really like to read all sort of mangas..
so i cant really remember all mangas i'd read..

1) D-Gray Man
2) Special A
3) Kaichou wa maid sama
4) 07 Ghost
5) Fairy Tail
6) Kuroshitsuji

and all CLAMP's works1 <3 (CLAMP's hyper fans!)
Back to top Go down
Reim Lunettes

Reim Lunettes

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 4:15 am

Of ones not already mentioned, I'd recommend Monokuro Kitan by Kusu Rinka. It runs in GFantasy and is up to chapter 11 or 12 I think. The art is very beautiful and gothic. I blather about it some more (and show pics) on my blog http://gommyommy.livejournal.com/26917.html
Back to top Go down
http://gommyommy.livejournal.com
Elliot Nightray

Elliot Nightray

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 4:20 am

Oooo, the art is quite nice o.o

Some that i would recommend would be...

Animal academy
Rosairo+Vampire
Aventura (cute storyline, spectacular art)
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
The Cheshire Cat

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 4:51 am

ohmigod... *pant pant*
DOGS
READ IT.
As long as you don't mind the occasional naked girl, and the frequent gun wound/death.
It's SO good. I adore it. It's amazing. LOVE!!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Nightray

Gilbert Nightray

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 5:57 am

This more falls to BL fans, but suprizingly you can enjoy it even if your not into that genre of manga.

But I HIGHLY reccomend a manga called Seven Days. It's a really light shounen-ai manga that isn't about sexual fustraightion but more like pure love and admiration. The art is simplistic and soft, and portrays a realistic story of falling in love over the course of a week.

It comes in sections called;

Seven Days: Monday - Thursday
Seven Days: Friday - Sunday

Here is a few pictures if your interested.

Picture 1
Picture 2

If you find that you may enjoy it or do enjoy it. Also try out her other manga's called;

Hana no Mizo Shiru (Shounen-ai)

Like Seven Days the art is simple and soft, but the plot is also a realistic pure love story instead of a sexual fustraightion story. Both the males are in college, ones a Lawyer and ones a Bioligist. Even if this isn't your type of genre, if your not homophobic I can garuntee you will like it.

Torikagoshou no Kyou mo Nemutai Juunintachi

Takarai Rihito is the creator of the story and art for Seven Days and Hana no Mizo Shiru. However in this manga she only does the art. The story is by someone named Kabei Yukako.

The story is based around a heterosexual pairing, however you do get a cross-dressing male (who is awesome). Basically its about a girl who along with a group of other females, play a game where they see how much they can sell themselves for without "going all the way". Eventually the girl quits the game and becomes a model for a college art student. Overall the story is really cute, the female lead is actually quiet likeable despite being picky on occasion. The art of Takarai Rihito does the manga justice. I'd reccomend this to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Oz Vessalius
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
Oz Vessalius

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 5:03 am

@Gil-

I heard of the first one you mentioned on a blog I read. They all sound really interesting. =3 I'll check 'em out when I have the time.
Back to top Go down
Alice B-Rabbit

Alice B-Rabbit

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 6:07 pm

I highly, HIGHLY recommend Black Cat. It's not too long, there's a ton of fun, bad*ss action-adventure... the characters are all awesome, it doesn't take itself too seriously, and it has a plot that's really interesting and very amusing subplots :3
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
The Cheshire Cat

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 11:45 pm

on the cat train, Chii's Sweet home.
So far, I have not found any trace of real plot, but the kitty is really cute.
And makes funny faces.
And gets scared a lot.
And reacts in funny ways.
And the kitty mind is really funny.

(Do not read if looking for substance. This is easily as fluffy as the average Persian)

NOTE: this is not a good manga. it's a cute manga. It is an enjoyable manga. But it is not what the average literature critic would call "good".
Back to top Go down
bluesweets

bluesweets

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:08 pm

Kuroshitsuji
Back to top Go down
RedEyedGhost

RedEyedGhost

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 6:09 am

I'd highly recommend BERSERK!! Although their atmospheres are drastically different, I actually consider its plot and cosmology to be very similar to PH. Both have at their core a chaotic realm which grants wishes in exchange for human sacrifice, and both have the main cahracters dealing with the aftermath of betrayal and a tragic massacre. Berserk is a hell lot more bloody and graphic, though.

Also Blade of the Immortal, Akira, and One Thousand and One Nights.

Last edited by RedEyedGhost on Tue May 24, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.twilightvisions.com
LoneNecromancer

LoneNecromancer

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:20 pm

Okay, these are seinen, so be aware of what you're getting into.

Berserk. Heavily dark, heavily violent, and yet absolutely excellent in every way. The violence and death never feels forced, this really is that horrific a world, and the characters are interesting and complex. The artwork, while mediocre at first, eventually got better and better to the point I'd say Kentaro Miura has the best art style around.

20th Century Boys & Monster. Two masterpieces from one of the greatest mangakas of all time, Naoki Urasawa. Both are epic thrillers/mysteries that suck you in and won't let go. I highly recommend Urasawa's work to anyone who likes manga, like Berserk, they are must-reads.

Blade of the Immortal. While dismissed by some as a "samurai manga", it does in fact pretty much make fun of the samurai culture. The characters are incredibly complex- there is always another layer, and most villains are never straight-up villains with little or badly explained motivations as you see in so many manga. As well as that, a personal favourite is the main character's personal sidequest of trying to kill a hundred "evil men". When I heard about it, I assumed we'd see him counting down during the story, but he never does, because he accepts that who he kills he doesn't know well enough to judge.

Vinland Saga. This manga has Vikings in it, and by that definition alone is awesome. Admittedly, some of the fanbase think it has taken a turn for the worse lately, but that does not lessen how awesome it was before. It is partially based on real life events, the mangaka clearly is very interested in Viking culture and tries to ensure the settings and people all look like they're from the 11th century. It is very violent and gritty, but like Berserk, this never feels forced and is all part of the depressing world.
Back to top Go down
Lily Baskerville

Lily Baskerville

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 2:33 am

*W*

I recommend these:

Shitsurakuen
Kuroshitsuji
Mahou Sensei Negima
Monochrome Factor
Vampire Knight
07-Ghost
Chocolate Cosmos
Bakuman

and..

KIMI NI TODOKE!!!! << >W<
Back to top Go down
http://akisumire.livejournal.com
RedEyedGhost

RedEyedGhost

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:33 pm

I recently finished Dorohedoro (twice) and it was awesome!! It's probably the weirdest and most creative thing I've read.

The plot is similar to Pandora Hearts in a way, since it involves a guy with amnesia who's trying to remember who he is and put together the fragments of memories he's getting. It is a very funny series, but it is also incredibly bloody, and eventually gets rather creepy. The world is completely original, and most of the story takes place between two factions that don't like each other: humans and magic users. The human world looks like a post-apocalyptic slum, the magic world feels a lot like Halloween town. The magical powers are really bizarre and interesting, such as a guy who attacks with mushrooms. You'll never think of mushrooms the same way again...
Back to top Go down
http://www.twilightvisions.com
Demios

Demios

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 2:48 am

I would recommend
Pandora Hearts
07 Ghost
Kaichou wa maid-sama
Magico (Iwamoto Naoki)
Katekyo Hitman Reborn.
Special A
Back to top Go down
sophiekeseki

sophiekeseki

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:21 pm

pandora hearts definitely x33
d.gray-man
fullmetal alchemist
kuroshitsuji
tales of symphonia (maybe not as good as the game but it's still pretty decent)
pita-ten
Back to top Go down
Bakura

Bakura

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Alright; I have not really read that many. Main ones are Pandora Hearts, Yu-Gi-Oh! (Duelist and Millenium World), and Sailor Moon.
Anyone have a #1 manga that they suggest I should read?
Back to top Go down
Will of the Abyss
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
Will of the Abyss

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 6:40 am

One manga I recommend would be Karneval.
So many bishounens~~ *o*
Back to top Go down
Bakura

Bakura

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:21 am

Okay, thanks.
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Pandora Mod
Pandora Mod
The Cheshire Cat

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:59 am

If you like dark, DOGS and Deadman Wonderland.
Amusing... Maria Holic (No relation to Triple-X) but be warned of girls' love.
Honestly good... I dunno. I like Blue Exorcist and Kuroshitsuji (both of which are a bit dark, but in a way more comparable to Pandora Hearts)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recommend a Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommend a Manga?   Recommend a Manga? Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommend a Manga?
Page 1 of 1